Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Treasure Box 6: All the Bead Bracelets

In honor of Megan's 6th birthday today (how did she get so old??) I went digging through my treasure box to find something related to her. My favorite are these bracelets, each made for me by one of the kids during some school or church activity, since I've never actually purchased any kind of pony bead for our house.


Every time one of the kids has given me a bracelet, I always wear it for a week or two. I love the look on their face when they see it around my wrist and know that they made it. But, let's be honest, they are not the most comfortable or practical piece of jewelry, and they eventually graduate into the treasure box for safe keeping.

These bracelets are something that I will often pull out and fiddle with while I'm looking for other things in my box. They are easy to grab and just pliable enough to be a satisfying wiggle toy (do you have any of those?). I like that I most often play with the things that my kids have given me when I get into my treasure box. It has connected each of them to just about every other thing in my box in some way.

Day 5: "I have no idea where I am"

No comments: