Friday, March 30, 2012

No, you may not.

Chris and I had our dental check-ups this morning with Chris's uncle Bruce. Great dentist, by the way, if you're in the area and in the market. We took Jane along with us so she could see what going to the dentist was all about.


Bruce was awesome and let her sit in the chair. And Jane was awesome and let them give her an entire check-up, complete with polishing and flossing. Her teeth have never been sparklier.

Is sparklier a word?

It was fairly amusing when Bruce asked if it was ok if he leaned the chair back a little farther, and Jane promptly replied, "No, you may not." Well, I guess he asked, so she answered. Ha. The less amusing part was that she has four cavities...you can tell she's my daughter in more than one way.

In other news, Ben is mobile. Sigh. I'm always excited when my kids get the independence as far as their own entertainment goes, but it sure makes church require a lot more energy... At least he's still super cute.


He doesn't really crawl yet--he's made the move a few times (Brenda, you only missed it by about 10 minutes on Wednesday), but he doesn't know he can do it on purpose yet. He basically army crawls. Well, it actually looks a lot more like carpet swimming. Hello, rug burns. Now I've just got to see if I can find him some pants he won't crawl out of all day long...

4 comments:

tonyandwendib said...

Crawling is a fun stage. We (by we I of course mean Tony) actually used a flashlight to encourage the kids to crawl. You know like you would to bother a cat or dog. He would shine it just in front of them and they would crawl to get it.

Brenda said...

I knew it wasn't going to take very long. He was moving around so much that morning. He'll probably be walking the next time I see him ;)

pawlyandsandy said...

Oh Jane cracks me up! Glad she did so well at the dentist. Erik just had his first dental experience too and was surprisingly good for them-our kids are so grown up!
Oh I have to tell you. I tried out your Reeces Bars the other night and they are DELICIOUS! Yeah they tasted JUST like the candy. I got the recipe from a book Tanny compiled, thanks for it! :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

All I can say is teehee - she never ceases to amaze me. What age do you think she really is? 12 year old in a 4 year old body... or older??