Friday, March 16, 2012

How do you like your eggs?

We have occasion to eat out with other people fairly often, and if it's up to me we'll almost always go to Village Inn. In our adventures there, I'm always mildly curious to hear how others like to order their eggs.


Sunny Side Up

The egg is fried, but never flipped. The yolk is uncooked, as well as a good portion of the whites. Almost Rocky-style, but not quite as uncooked as just dropping the egg in a glass.

Over Easy

The egg is flipped, but the yolk is left runny. Some of the whites may be runny, also.

Over Medium

The yolk in this fried egg is runny again, but it is cooked slightly longer so the whites are not runny at all (if cooked correctly).

Over Hard

The egg is fried until the yolk and whites are entirely cooked.

Scrambled

Mix it all up and cook the whole darn thing. Add cheese for extra deliciousness.

There are way more options out there, but this covers the basics. My personal favorite is over medium. I like being able to dip my toast in the yolk, but uncooked whites I find rather disgusting. But that's just me. How do you like your eggs?

11 comments:

Holli said...

I like scrambled, cooked all the way through. I think under-cooked eggs are disgusting. I like to eat my scrambled eggs with toast, waffles, or pancakes with syrup running ove everything.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I like mine over medium medium. I like the white completely cooked and the yolk to be more of a gel with a little liquid. :) Karl has actually perfected this one for me.

Megan said...

I like mine over medium. I'm like you and like to dip my toast in the yolk.

Anonymous said...

over medium. One of my favorite parts of eggs-in-toast is eating the little fried center piece of bread that was cut out of the toast, dipped in the yolk

Katie said...

Also, an over medium fan, but scrambled have been known to hit the spot.

We Krazy Knuts said...

I'm totally with you. Over medium, although I never knew that's what it was called as I was growing up. Mom used to just make 'fried eggs' for us. Now I know officially what it's called! Thanks!

Michael said...

I'm an over medium fan as well. However, I also like scrambled eggs if mixing extras in. Cheese on a fried egg just isn't quite the same as cheese all mixed into scrambled eggs.

Karrie said...

Over hard, with crunchy edges preferred.

Erin said...

ditto liz exactly! I can also do scrambled. My in laws call over hard "dead" and his grandma says to "poke it in the eye."

Brenda said...

I like mine scrambled. Or over medium if I'm making eggs in toast. Like you, I prefer to dip the bread in the yoke, but runny whites make me gag. The texture is all wrong.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Over medium - HANDS down. :) But I won't say no to an omelet or to scrambled eggs (whipped with a dash of milk) with cheese.