Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Old News

I managed to post quite a bit during our birthdays, but I never did actually post about our birthdays. Ha. It seems a little lame to be posting it all now--10 days after mine, 8 days after Chris's--but we'll do it anyway for record's sake. And because we had totally awesome birthdays this year and it's worth reliving in blog form.

Celebration 1: Weight Watchers

I lost over 20 lbs with Weight Watchers last year (read here), then I got pregnant and gained all that back and much more to boot. I joined Weight Watchers again when Ben was only two weeks old. I have since lost more than I 20 lbs again since I joined, and more than 40 pounds from my highest weight ever. Yay! Anyway, that's what I do on Saturday mornings and that's how I started my birthday.

Celebration 2: Presents


Britta sent me a birthday package. Yay! Those were the only presents that we had to open. She was great and actually included things for the girls and for Chris, too. Yay!


 I love Ben's face in this picture. Ha.

Celebration 3: Family Pictures

My friend Cindy--we were roommates during our freshman year at the U--is fine-tuning her photography skills and offered to do family pictures for us for free. Certainly can't pass that up! Here are a few of my favorites. Or maybe more than a few, because they were great. Thanks Cindy!









Celebration 4: Desert Star

My friend Michelle--we worked together and we really good friends while at USU--gave us two free tickets to CSI Provo: Decaffeinated DNA at the Desert Star Theater. It was hilarious! No pictures, though. Too busy laughing.

Celebration 5: PARTY!!

When Tannie lamented on her birthday that she was going to forgo her annual girls' night birthday party, I offered my house instead since so many of our friends now live in and around Salt Lake. We settled on having the party on my birthday. Nice timing. ;)


It was so fun! We had quite a few people show up, lots of delicious treats (including one sneaky Weight Watchers trick...), and oodles of great conversation lasting well past midnight. That's the way to be. I'm so glad that I get to be friends with all of you! And thank you, Tannie, for letting me share your birthday tradition.


Celebration 6: Family Party

I had intended to make rice krispie treats for our family party on Sunday, but there were enough left over from the party the night before that I didn't have to put in any extra effort. Bonus! Thanks, Wendi!



Celebration 7: Breakfast

Monday was Chris's birthday, so I got up and made him an omelet for breakfast. This is my one and only picture of Christopher on his birthday. :)


Celebration 8: Chinese Food

I am not a fan of Chinese food but Chris really really is--the only time we ever have anything Chinese beyond Panda Express or the occasional fried riced is on his birthday. Lucky for him, his parents came to visit starting on his birthday and they treated us to a really good dinner at the Gold Phoenix in wannabe-downtown. The service was not amazing and the atmosphere was a little weird, but the food was GREAT. Even I liked it!


Happy birthday to us!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthdays! I love your family pictures!!! I especially like the ones of your girls kissing you. :)Happy (10 days late and 8 days late) birthday to both of you again!

Rebecca said...

I love the pic of your girls kissing you too. Way cute!

That party was way fun! I wish we were all within a walking distance from each other like back in the day. That would be awesome. And what was your sneaky weight watcher's trick??

Happy Birthday to you guys!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Those family pictures are so very nice! I love the colors - and you all look great.

And again - you are totally awesome with weight watchers, you look fabulous my friend.

Happy birthday to both you and Chris.