Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ben's Mirthday

JeriLynn, I think it was, talked about her son's "mirthday"--his one month birthday. I liked the idea. So I stole it. Thanks, JeriLynn.

Happy Mirthday, Ben!
One month old on Saturday, August 27

Let's start with our size comparison. Thanks, Tannie, for letting me steal that idea. I'm all about idea thievery lately.

3 Days


1 Month


No, I did not intentionally get him screaming both times. It just happened that way because it was the only time he was in the car seat both days. But you can tell that he's already getting longer, and he definitely has NOT plumped up. When you hold him he is all arms and legs. He is looking less newborn, but he's still tall and skinny. Like his dad.

Contrary to what his car seat pictures may suggest, Ben is an extremely mellow baby. Thank goodness. We were due for a mellow one.

I am not one to put babies on a schedule--that can come when they're bigger. However, he has quite conveniently put himself on a pretty darn consistent schedule. As long as he's fed and changed and we're not going anywhere, he will sleep from 8:00 to 11:00 each morning, 12:30 to 4:30 each afternoon, and 6:00-8:00 each evening. Almost on the dot, every day. During the night, he only wakes up twice, if that. Then he's up at 6:45 and happy to start again. The only problem with this schedule is that he is always awake when everyone else is eating. Makes cooking tricky.


Speaking of happy, he smiled for the first time yesterday! Oh, it just makes you melt.

His sisters still love him...a little too much. Jane is very helpful with getting diapers or burp rags, and she'll sit with him and keep him company while I make lunch or dinner.


We are blessing Ben this coming Sunday. Let me know if you want to come!! It'll be quite the party, with many people staying at our house for the weekend and several (as in lots and lots) more coming over for lunch after church. Should be quite the party. We're excited to see you all!


P.S. I've added Day 21-30 of my book list. I post-dated it for last Monday, so it won't show up on the top of the list. Go back and read it. Please. And leave a comment when you're done. Pretty please. :)

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Cute boy!! He looks so much like Chris. I hope the blessing goes well.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

One month already? Wow. And I agree, he does look like his daddy. Cute kid.

Delia said...

What an adorable little boy! I have to say he looks ton like Chris.