Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why kids need a Dad

Dad is way more fun to play with at the Children's Museum.




He even dresses the part.



Mom just sits and holds the baby.


While the baby just sleeps.


Dad builds his own towers, too.




Check out what he's standing on. Somehow, I think that's against the rules.



Then he lets you watch while he blows them over.




Downtown Salt Lake--including Discovery Gateway--on Thursday was the final grand outing of the 2011 Petty Family Reunion. Friday was a day for hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard before everyone headed back to their various states of residence. Good opportunity for family pictures.


My parents and their seven children--relatively rare to have all nine of us together, even when we all live within two miles of each other. [And I just have to make the side note that I think I look pretty darn good for having a baby only nine days before this picture was taken.]

My parents with all their offspring present--missing only Chase and Christian.


I'm not sure who planned it, but all four grandkids on the front row have their hands in their mouths. Ha.

I missed the picture of just Chris and me and our kids. I'll have to wait until we get the official disc from the real photographer. Sigh.

And here is the big group of everyone present on Friday evening. Our family has certainly grown a lot, even just since the last reunion only three years ago.


And here is the zebra that lives next door to my grandparents. Because that's cool.

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

How fun. I want to go to the children's museum... with you actually :) Looks like fun. And yes, you do look pretty darn good! When you are feeling up to playing let me know.

Megan said...

You look absolutely fabulous in that picture! It looks like you guys had a great family renunion.

Meghann said...

That is an intense family reunion! Oh and Chris just reminds me of a great big kid!