Sunday, September 4, 2011

Handsome Little Man

I am overwhelmed today by how many people came to show their love and support for our family. We had quite the party going.

Ben, as star of the show, was decked out in his finest. He looked just like a miniature deacon! I was a little distracted by the roughly 50 people having lunch at our house, so this is the best Ben-only picture I got showing his outfit.

 
But really, the shoes were the best part. Thanks, Wendi! Ah! So cute. I am quite enjoying little boy clothes after more than three years of only little girl clothes.



The blessing was wonderful. I am so so grateful that Chris holds the priesthood and is able to do this for our children. The things shared in the blessing are just a small glimpse into how strong a spirit our little man really is, and how special he is to our Heavenly Father.

I can't say we've ever had quite so many people at our house all at the same time--these people must like us or something. Or they were just hungry.



Lunch was good. We had a potluck barbeque. I don't think we've ever had quite so much fruit at our house all at the same time--Megan was in heaven.

 
For most of the time, Ben slept in the bedroom. All this excitement just for him and he slept right through it. Ha.



He did wake up eventually, and introduced himself to many of the relatives he had yet to meet.

 
(This is just a funny picture because he was mid-sneeze.)

 
Last but not least, we had just a few minutes to snap some blessing day family pictures. It occurred to me that I never did any family pictures on either of the girls' blessing days, so we should today. But then, I think that's part of what made me forget to get a good one of just Ben in his outfit. Oh, well. I can dress him up again later.








Thank you again to everyone who came!

4 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

FUN pictures. I'm glad it went so well. He looks super cute in that little suit.

As for The Giver... I'm not sure. Reading it on my own I was never certain if he'd lived or not. I liked that she left it up to the reader. I always had hope that he did, but was open to the idea that he didn't.

The sequels can't even TOUCH The Giver. I am surprised she wrote them. I think in a way they took away from the meaning of the first book. I found them interesting to read, but not wonderful. I was also frustrated that she never mentioned what happened to the baby that he'd taken with him. BLECH. Not great sequels, but the original was fabulous.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Isn't it fun to have an excuse to party with family and friends? Ben sure looked handsome. And I love the picture of the 3 little ones at the end. So fun.

Michael and Amanda said...

Thanks for the picture at the end! He's so cute! Thanks for having a baby around the same time as me. We think Ben is quite the cutie!

Jean said...

Awww, I love your little cutie patootie!! And thanks for inviting us over. You Wamplers know how to throw a great BBQ!!