Thursday, June 27, 2013

Worth the Wait

It has been 11 years and 10 days since the first time I met Christopher in Alaska. It has been 10 years, 10 months, and 9 days since I first set foot in Aberdeen, Idaho. And it wasn't until last Saturday that I finally went to the boat dock for the very first time.

That may not seem significant, but I have spent those 11 years hearing about the boat dock nearly every single time I've gone to Aberdeen. There have been attempts here and there to get out for an evening or a bbq or even just a drive by, but they were always postponed or cancelled or just didn't happen for one reason or another. There were times that Chris went without me for some sort of service project or as an excuse to hang out with Michael for a while without the kids around or some such, but I never made it.

Finally, after Chris's reunion on Saturday night, we took the chance to escape out for my first visit. (Thank you, Craig, Janet, Brenda, and Gavin for watching our kids just a bit longer to make this adventure possible.)

We arrived at sunset and I happened to have my "real" camera with me. It was lovely. Lucky for us, it also happened to be the night before the supermoon of 2013-full moon when it is the closest it gets to the earth during the year.




See? Worth the wait for this to be my introduction to an Aberdeen landmark.


The pelicans were pretty cool, too.




It sounds a little corny to be excited about the boat dock, but it has been a long time coming! I loved that it was just Chris and I alone out there, even if it was just a few minutes. It was the perfect end to a very, very good day.

1 comment:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I can't believe it took you that long to get there! :) Your pictures are beautiful though. And what a great time of day to get to visit a place like that for the first time. Beautiful. And Romantic. :)