Wednesday, June 19, 2013

just keep swimming

Our apartment complex has two pools. Hopefully someday they'll actually open the one right next door...in the meantime, we've been soaking up in the other pool. Perfect thing to do on a hot afternoon. Best part? We can go whenever the heck we want. I knew this was a good thing to have on my apartment wish list.






Fairly often, actually, the pool is the favored follow-up activity when we get home from the zoo. Because we have a pass and can go whenever the heck we want. Man, summer is good.








Sometimes we go to the zoo just me and the kids.


Then we can splurge on things like cotton candy and riding the train.





Other times, we go with friends, like Harold and Jace and their mom Rebecca.


And Suzan and Anna and their mom Shara. (I don't have any pictures of Shara or Anna, but really, they were there.) Awesomeness--Shara and Kyle used to be in our ward when we lived in Logan. They came to Albuquerque for a summer internship and I convinced them to move into our complex. Now we get to hang out all the time. Sweet.



Even better are the times when Dad decides to stay home from work and go to the zoo with us.


Top it off with a stare-down from a gorilla and you're all set.



Hooray for summer!




3 comments:

Michael and Amanda said...

A baby giraffe?! Oh my goodness! You have got to bring that thing to Aberdeen this weekend! I think I would die from the cuteness!

Susan said...

You're making me really miss ABQ! Glad you guys are having a fun summer :-)

We Krazy Knuts said...

OH that is awesome! A zoo and a pool...we have neither. But it's fun to watch your kids get bigger and have so much fun!