Friday, June 28, 2013

"Sprinklers. That's the same as Amy."

It just about killed me last Friday when we drove straight through Salt Lake without stopping on our way to Idaho. I have been desperately homesick for the past few weeks...I miss living by my family, I miss our old ward, I miss going to the Salt Lake Temple, and I very much miss our house and how much like HOME it was to us. Our short time in Albuquerque has not really felt like home, since we've only lived here to get ready to move again. Chris and I are working on making sure that doesn't happen in Atlanta, too.

It's a good thing that we planned a Salt Lake stop on our way home.














We had dinner, played outside, and met baby Hannah for the first time. Even though it was short, it was a good visit.

We had planned to stay the night, but we ended up leaving around 9:00 to drive back to Albuquerque. We were ready to just be done with our trip, and it seemed easier to just leave than to figure out where everyone was going to sleep. Our drive went surprisingly well considering how little sleep Chris and I were going on. We traded off driving more often than usual, but the drive took about an hour less since we didn't have to stop hardly at all. The girls don't need nearly as many bathroom breaks when they're asleep the whole time.

And that concludes our most recent trip up north, which I've taken as many days to blog as we did for the actual trip. Coming soon: the kids and I go to Tucson for an informal high school reunion. Coming after that: our mega trip of the decade. And after that: our epic trek east.

Fingers crossed we survive the rest of the summer.

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love how random your titles are. :) And I'm very glad you survived yet another LONG drive. And I'm also glad you got to spend a little time with both of your families before continuing your long journey home. I sure do miss you!

Unknown said...

:) :) :) I'm excited for the HS reunion, lol.
P.s. the security code I'm supposed to input is convents of gedum. Oddly amusing!

Tannie Datwyler said...

It's tough when you are switching place to place so much - it is hard to feel like anywhere is home. I hope your next move goes well! You guys are becoming champs on doing long drives.