Monday, June 24, 2013

The closest we can get

One of the more unusual aspects for me of Chris working on an air force base is the fact that I will never see where he actually works. I won't be allowed into the building, let alone into his office. It's kind of weird to not be able to picture where he spends the vast majority of his waking hours during the week.

Luckily, we were able to attend the 5600 picnic last week, and on the way to the barbeque locale, I was able to at least see the outside of his building. Hooray!

The kids were much more interested in the bounce house, though.




Except Ben...


It was all kinds of fun to meet some of Chris's coworkers, play on the playground and in the bounce house, and have otter pops and brownies to top of the excellent (and free) dinner. I'm glad we could go. It was a good way to set off the weekend for our trip to Idaho. Stay tuned for those details!

1 comment:

MathMan said...

doesn't sound strange to me, but that is just because that is how it is for everyone here. And most the people can't tell you what they do. I forget that it isn't like that for everyone. I was lucky and I did get to go into the conference room at Johns work, but that was just for a flu shot..