Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fishies Fishies

 
We availed ourselves of a still ever-so-fabulous BioPark Society membership and a free Saturday and trouped on out for a lovely morning at the Albuquerque Aquarium. "We" being Chris and Laura and the Wamplettes and Heather...who is also a Wampler, who is also younger than us...so she can be an honorary Wamplette.


I was not quite as impressed with the aquarium as I was with the zoo, but we still had quite a good time. The fish were as active as you may expect fish to be.





And the children were as active as you may expect children to be.







Coolest attraction: touch the sting rays and sharks.


I did. It was gross. I don't want to do it again. I have long maintained that fish are my favorite animals/pets and that is for one pure and simple reason: you never have to touch them.


Chris, on the other hand, thought it was really cool.


We made it through the entire aquarium twice in less than an hour and a half. Heather came back to our apartment for lunch and a game of chess.

I love the serious expressions on everyone's faces--even the kids.

Just so you know--it has been many a year since Christopher has agreed to play chess with Heather. She's really good and he doesn't enjoy losing. Back in high school, he beat her once. This is the first time they've played since.

(P.S. He lost.)

(P.P.S. He gave me permission to post the fact that he lost.)

(P.P.P.S. This is Heather's impression of a jelly fish.)


2 comments:

Michael said...

I get the feeling that the picture with Heather's impersonating might have been left out had that chess game turned out differently.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Looks like fun. And yet again, having family around makes everything more fun. :) I don't enjoy touching the sting rays.... And agree that fish are the best pets because you don't have to touch them, be licked or jumped on, etc. :)