Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Being a Mom comes with its own amusements...

Last Saturday we decided to have a cute little family picnic and movie night in the living room.


Roughly the twelfth viewing of The Lorax for the kids, first time for Mom and Dad.


Really it was all just an excuse to not pause the movie--but it worked out for everyone.


And when I plugged in my memory card to post these pictures, I decided to let public a few of our more entertaining moments that come up while we're home alone all day.

Ben loves bananas. He recently ate three in one sitting. I volunteered him for a toddler fruit-eating contest.


He is quite particular about how he eats bananas, however. He doesn't just eat a banana. He divides it into smaller pieces, stands them all on end, then eats them one by one. Every single time.


Speaking of food, Jane very adamantly repeated to me several times that Megan and Ben ate all the leftover frosting that was in the fridge. She was ever so frustrated when I just didn't believe her.


Until I took a picture and pointed out that she had frosting on her face.

You know those moments when Mom decides to take a picture instead of intervening? Yeah, this was one of those times...Megan was stuck.


Instead of helping her down--for the fourth or fifth time today--I took a picture instead. Which means I was all kinds of prepped to capture this little gem.


Don't worry, no toddlers were harmed in the taking of this picture. She's fine. It was a total win/win--I had the best laugh I've had in a while, and she is no longer climbing up the file cabinet and getting stuck. Thank you, Natural Consequences.

(I debated posting this for fear of judgment from other mothers who may look down on me for taking a picture of my child falling. I am posting because she's fine, she learned something valuable, and I think it was a dang lucky camera shot. And because judgment from others is irrelevant. :) )

And just because it's funny, here is Ben yelling CHEESE!


4 comments:

Michael said...

I like it. Luckily for you i'm not a judgemental mom. As a mother of 1.5 I more than appreciate the situation, the happenings, and the growth that was obtained. (positive judgement is not irrelevant)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Haha. I have to admit those pictures are awesome. Honestly, I think it's great you caught those pictures of Megan. Especially if she is a repeat offender. :) And I totally could hear you laughing in my head when you were talking about laughing at the moment. Made me mis you even more! and Ben and his bananas. That's hilarious. But I have to say, we have to be careful with bananas at our house because they make my girls constipated if they eat too much. I'm assuming this isn't the case for Ben? Because 3 bananas would be painful!

Rebecca said...

Love it!! My favorite is Jane and the frosting. And I'm with Liz, I can totally picture/hear you laughing in that moment with Megan. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

You make me laugh! No judgement here! :) I LOVE LOVE the pictures of Ben with the bananas - so cute.