Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jane's First Career Move



Yeah. I will take responsibility as far as admitting that I left the scissors sitting within reach after cutting the gauze to cover Jane's eye before she went outside. I got distracted by fighting toddlers and a screaming baby, and Jane saw her chance and took it. She bolted out the door with the scissors without me noticing and hid in the playhouse in the backyard.

Jane stayed with Grandpa for the evening--a measure of personal safety, really--while I took Megan in to repair the damage.


I admit, it didn't seem so horrible, as far as child styling might go.

Megan did have a pretty good time while we were there. She was much more content than Jane had been when we took her to have her hair cut.


And yes, she looks completely adorable now. This cut really does suit her well.


I'm really glad it wasn't any worse.


Side update on Jane's birthmark--post surgery day 5:


and day 7:


I'm a little concerned about the dark black spots that are raised. I'm wondering if she actually got burned by the laser, which I understand can lead to scarring. Hmmm. We'll see how it turns out. Overall, though, it is looking way better!

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Very unfortunate circumstances bringing you to get her hair cut but absolutely adorable new style. Glad it worked out and wasn't a terrible job by her sister.

I'm glad Jane's eye is getting better.

Tannie Datwyler said...

She really does look adorable. At least it was fixable and she still looks so cute. But I hear you, I would have probably had a major meltdown.