Thursday, September 15, 2011

Middle Child

Jane talks a lot. Ben cries a lot. They get a lot of attention.

Megan is pretty chill and just goes with whatever's happening. And she gets less attention because of it. Less than two months with three kids and already we're battling Middle Child Syndrome.

Let's give Megan some attention, shall we?

Megan likes to just hang out. As I said, she'll just go along with whatever. She is often content to just be.


I don't get many pictures of her on her own because she rarely leaves Jane alone. The recent pictures of just her are, in fact, courtesy of Jane and a consequence of Mom leaving the camera within reach and unsupervised.




She is pretty photogenic though, isn't she? Her hair was actually done up very cute in that last picture...too bad that's the part of her head that's cut off.

The latest and greatest excitement in Megan's life is a new toddler bed. I was hesitant to add one more level of crazy to our lives, but it was basically a seamless transition. The mattress and bedding are all straight from the crib, so it feels exactly the same to her; the only difference is she can get in and out herself. She loves it and will often just sit on her bed at random times during the day.


I was mostly worried about Jane keeping her awake or coaxing her out of bed when it's time to be going to sleep. In a week, that hasn't happened at all. Mornings, though, are another story. Generally what wakes me up in the morning is Megan stomping around saying, "Mommy! Mommy!" and Jane running on tiptoes saying, "Shhhh, Megan! Be quiet or you'll wake them up!" It's actually pretty amusing. Sometimes I stay in my room longer just because I think it's funny to listen to them.

Next step: take down the crib.

As much as I'd like to just give the attention to Megan, I really can't say anything about her and keep Jane out. As you may have already noticed. They get along well for the most part.


Megan will let Jane boss her around as long as it suits her, but when she's done, she's done and will find something else to do, regardless of what Jane thinks. She's big enough, too, that Jane can't really push her around. For as quiet as Megan is, she's just as opinionated.

Most of the time, though, they are good friends. Their current favorite is playing with the dollhouse.


The dolls in residence are Troy and Aberlina. I'll let you guess who named them. Come over sometime and I'll introduce you.

Despite how hard it is having three kids, I think I'll keep 'em. All of them. :)

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Megan is such a sweetie. Funny how those family roles just fall right into place isn't it? We would love to come over and be introduced actually... and about a play date. I think Tuesday works for us... choose and place and time and we can play.

We Krazy Knuts said...

I'm in the same boat. But Brooklyn is totally opposite of Megan. She is so independent and moody and stubborn and loud!! So we have had a few battles with her recently. It's hard to be the middle child!
But Megan is so cute! And I love her blond hair!

tonyandwendib said...

Being one myself, I think middle children really are great. Yours is a real sweetie. I love the picture of her and the doll. So sweet.