Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our "School Player"

Introducing our first ever preschooler!


Jane will be attending preschool two days a week in the afternoons. She has been so excited to go to school! Can you tell?


Megan wanted to get in on the picture action...


Jane's favorite activity when she gets home is homework. No, they have not given 3-year-olds homework. Jane's "homework" is writing in her notebook. And when I say "writing" I mean scribbling and attempting the six or seven letters she tries to imitate.
 

This is her current best attempt at writing her name. Even though they are not in the right order, she at least has some semblance of the correct four letters. I call that progress.
 

 The week before school started, we got Jane's hair cut. I love her long hair, but it was getting straggly at the end and didn't look very nice.


I took her to Cookie Cutters. She loved the car and the movie, but it took a good bit of bribery to get her to wear the cape. Once she got over that, though, she had a good time.


I think it turned out quite well. Nothing drastic, just evening out the ends. Now it can keep growing straight. (Side note...it still seems weird to me sometimes how different my girls' hair is from each other and from mine. Who knew I would have a blond child? And at the same time, who knew there would only be one?)


My girl is growing up! When we were walking home from school on Monday, I asked her what she did in class. Her response: "Nothing." Ah! I thought that wouldn't start for a few years at least.

She has since told me all about the sun, clouds, families, and walking feet in the halls. We also must all sit on our pockets now if we're on the floor. Good to know she's learning something, even if she still thinks she's only playing at school. :)

4 comments:

We Krazy Knuts said...

That's so fun! Ben just started preschool a few weeks ago and he loves it too. His response to what he did in school is "nothing" too. Or else "I don't know!"
Your kids are getting so big!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Yay for preschool. Isn't it wonderful? Glad she's enjoying it.

tonyandwendib said...

Preschool was the greatest thing for my kids. I remember the first time Abby told me that she could write her name and then she did it for me. It was even was spelled in the right order, I think I cried. It also broke my kids out of their shell, not that Jane needs any of that. Sounds like she is having fun though.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Cute hair! It's fun to have the hair all evened up - Claire needs a trim too.

I'm glad she's enjoying preschool - it's so nice to have some time without as many children around eh??

Did you get my e-mail about the Stargate seasons?