Thursday, June 23, 2011

Supervision Required

One of the Easter gifts my grandpa gave to the girls was a little blow-up swimming pool. Yesterday, I decided we needed some serious outside time. I put on my brave face and dug out the swimming suits and sunscreen. I even ventured into the garage and successfully commandeered the air compressor to get the thing blown up. Chris was so proud.

Megan dove right in. Jane was a little more hesitant.


She warmed up to it...kind of.


They played out in that pool all morning, and that's as far as Jane ever got into the water. She still seemed to have fun, though, so whatever.


The afternoon was a different story. I left the girls in the living room watching a movie while I went into the kitchen to make dinner. It didn't take me too long to realize that Jane wasn't talking anymore. She talks constantly even during movies, so I knew something was up when I couldn't hear her. Upon investigation, I found them outside in the pool again.

Argh, another supervision problem. I seem to be having a lot of those lately.

They didn't have their suits on anymore. Megan didn't have any problem with that and had climbed in fully clothed, shirt, pants, and now fully saturated (non-swim) diaper and all. Jane, on the other hand, didn't want to get her clothes wet. Instead, she was completely naked. Sigh. At least she was all the way in the pool this time.

We had a very serious discussion about being in the pool--Mom or Dad HAVE to be with you. Then I locked and blocked the door. Then we had a very serious discussion about leaving the house naked--Don't do it.

Ah, well. All's well that ends well. In this case, that means catching an episode of Brady Bunch while drying off.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

So glad I'm not the only one who has days like this!

Erin said...

You and I have been having similar supervision problems with our children! We could swap stories... if you want to hear about toilet water messes that is. blargh.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

oh man. I have to say, those kids sure now what they are doing right now to you don't they? :) I'm glad this servision problem was not as tramatic as the last though...

Molly said...

We have one of those hard plastic kid pools. Nixon, for some reason, is extremely resistant to wearing clothes, diapers, swim shorts, ANYTHING in the pool. Its pretty annoying actually. My kids are always wrecking stuff. And I am usually too tired to take care of it. I am pretty sure Nixon is inches away from sitting in time out for eternity.

Molly said...

We have one of those hard plastic kid pools. Nixon, for some reason, is extremely resistant to wearing clothes, diapers, swim shorts, ANYTHING in the pool. Its pretty annoying actually. My kids are always wrecking stuff. And I am usually too tired to take care of it. I am pretty sure Nixon is inches away from sitting in time out for eternity.