Monday, June 20, 2011

Serendipitous

I was quite sick most of last week...we didn't get out of the house much. It's not too surprising then that Jane's adamant, oft-repeated request this morning was "Please can we go somewhere?!"

I'm not terribly confident in my current abilities to wrangle my own two children when away from home--that whole eight months pregnant thing. That meant we were looking for somewhere we could wander without too much worry of the girls escaping me. I opted for the Jordan River Temple, on Lisa's suggestion. Nice, right? Quietly walk around the temple while it's closed on Monday, no playground to lose children on, easily use a stroller so they can't run away...good plan.

Unless you factor in construction on the temple grounds. Not such a good plan after all.

We headed back in the direction of home, but Jane was just about heart-broken that we hadn't gotten out of the car. Not wanting to completely crush her spirits, I gave in and we went to the duck park.



It turned out even better than I could plan. The federal government provides free sack lunches during the summer. We just happened to show up at the right park at the right time and got free lunch for the girls. Yay!

Even better, my visiting teacher was also there with her two kids. We were able to visit while the kids ate and played together.

Nice timing, huh? That's what I call serendipitous.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hey, I found your blog!! Woohoo! We love this park, too. You'll have to tell me when they give out the lunches -- haha! That's pretty awesome. :-)