Monday, June 6, 2011

Spontaneous Outings

I am certain that I am not the only one who occasionally experiences a burning and immediate desire to BE ANYWHERE BUT HOME. Don't get me wrong, I love my house. I am very comfortable at home, amongst my own family and my own things. But sometimes, I just have to get out. And something about being a pregnant stay-at-home mom only makes that feeling come more often...so, spontaneous outings it is. Because you never know when that feeling will strike.

Spontaneous Outing #2
Hogle Zoo

Lisa had a bout of the same "please get me out of the house now" phase, so we packed up all four kids (plus the three others who tag along no matter what we do...) and headed to the zoo, where I began my collection of pictures of the back of kids' heads.


Every once in a while I managed to catch a face or two.


The only problem with this spontaneous outing is that Chris was at work and wanted to come, but there wasn't enough notice. Next time! We'll all go together. And you can push the stroller. Please?

Spontaneous Outing #3
Temple Square

Today began rather traumatically. I didn't feel well--can I just say that it's horribly cruel to save all morning sickness until the third trimester?!--and Jane was not at all cooperating with anything I asked her to do. I also forgot that Grandma Karrie was coming to pick her up...needless to say, not the most peaceful morning ever. Once Jane left, I decided that Megan and I could do with some outside change of scenery.


Downtown it is.


She got wet. Can you tell?


You may by chance have noticed that this post only chronicled outings #2 and #3. #1 is still contained solely on Lisa's camera...as soon as I get the pictures, you, too, can enjoy all the splendor that was a picnic at Wheeler Farm.

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I like spontaneous outings! And I have to agree, husbands should go to the zoo just to help push the stroller :) The zoo about killed me when we went just before I had my baby... but it was fun anyway.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Miss you. URGH - will I EVER feel normal again so I too can go on spontaneous outings?????