Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recovery

My reaction to yesterday's puzzle disaster may have been overly, ahem, dramatic. It's a puzzle, right? They are designed and intended to come apart and be put together more than once. But, I have a lot of other things on my mind right now and I think this was just the breaking point for me.

I can't say I'm too sorry, though, because sometimes dramatics pay off.

My mom sent Sarah over to pick up the girls and they spent the rest of the evening at Grandma's house. I'm sure they enjoyed that much better than if they had spent the day with Mom and Dad being upset with them. While they were gone, we had a puzzle party.

After twenty minutes of crawling around on the floor (that's hard for me) and scouring possible hiding places in the basement, this was the status of our previously-attached puzzle pieces.


Luckily, we had some help.


Thank you to Morgan, Bill, Michael and Deborah. We got way farther in one night with six people than we would have with only Chris and I.

Progress report:


The right edge was mostly still intact, and now the left edge is 100% reassembled. The large circles are well on their way to repaired, and the words and border across the top and bottom are coming along nicely.

See? It wasn't really the end of the world. (Ha--it's a puzzle of the world.) And one perk Chris mentioned--once we are actually all done, we can claim that we've done a 7,000 piece puzzle, instead of only 6,000 pieces.

No comments: