Tuesday, June 14, 2011

33 and a half

Thursday marks 34 weeks for this pregnancy.


I don't think I look much bigger than I did in my last picture (24 weeks) but man, I feel huge. I can't stand up, I can't roll over, I can't put my socks on nicely...good thing it's summer so I can just wear sandals.

I'm not so much enjoying this part--big surprise for third trimester, huh. Besides being enormously uncomfortable, I'm tired and I keep having contractions and my pulled muscle from last time has come back with a vengeance and heartburn and this boy moves like a hockey player and congestion and and and...only six weeks until I can not be pregnant anymore. Six weeks. Six weeks isn't so long, right?

Just to cheer myself up, I thought I'd share two of my more noteworthy dreams of late. At Chris's suggestion, I'll even illustrate them for you, courtesy of Google Images.

First, I dreamed I was running a race.


It wasn't going well. I had that obnoxious pain in my side that you get from not breathing right (or something) while you're running. Man, it hurt, but I just HAD to keep running. It was a race! So I kept running. And it kept hurting. And I kept running. And it kept hurting...

Then I woke up. Turns out, my baby's head was fighting as hard as it could to eject itself straight through the side of my stomach. Easy fix...just shove the kid's head back the other way and go back to sleep. Ha. At least it didn't hurt anymore.

Another time, I was kidnapped by a family of vampires. They all lived in a huge mansion,


in which was hidden all of their collected family treasure. Unfortunately, said treasure could only be retrieved by a mortal. Enter me. My job was to follow the direction of the sun coming through the windows and thus be lead to the treasure's secret hiding place.


After much searching and following, I found the hidden location.


That's right. It was the door knobs. Each door in the house was adorned with nothing less than diamonds, disguised as door knobs.


I simply removed the diamond door knobs. The result: I was excessively rich and all of the vampires were permanently trapped inside the mansion (because they couldn't open any doors--get it?). Talk about a happy ending.

At least my brain can entertain itself while I can't really sleep at night.

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Your dream descriptions put a smile on my face. :) Thanks for sharing. I had a running dream when I was pregnant with D.

Ruby in the Rough said...

Wow, those are some awesome dreams!! You have a gift!! :)