Wednesday, July 3, 2013

No more cavities!

One of the requirements for getting Audrey registered for kindergarten was a complete dental exam (and a vision and hearing exam, incidentally). Lucky for us, I happened upon a fabulous pediatric dentist here in Albuquerque. On our first visit, she discovered that Audrey had four cavities. I wasn't surprised, since Uncle Bruce had already told us that. Still annoying, though.

It took visits to get all the cavities repaired...I was impressed with how well the office was set up to take care of kids. One of the best parts was that Audrey could choose which princess teeth she wanted. She picked Cinderella on the first day, Ariel on the second.


The other best parts were the laughing gas and the movie, all to keep her relaxed and distracted while the work was done.


It was a delightful setup. I was also terribly impressed with how quickly the work was done. Both times, two cavities were filled, and both times, the dentist was in and done in less than an hour. So awesome.


And once we were done getting the last two cavities taken care of this afternoon, she got to join the Cavity Free Club and have her picture taken with the bear. She didn't want to do it by herself, though, so I got to join the Cavity Free Club, too. Yay for us!


We now have the eye, ear and dental exams all taken care of. We're all caught up on shots with a complete immunization record, and I have all her identifying documents. All we need now is the proof of residency and we can get her into kindergarten. Fingers crossed that we find an apartment on the very first day we show up in Atlanta.

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I still can't believe all you have to do to register for kindergarten there! Crazy. But I am glad you were able to find out ahead of time so you could be prepared... all except for the house part of course.

Tannie Datwyler said...

I am amaed that you have to do so many things to register for kindergarten!! CRAZY I SAY!! I'm glad it's over though... first cavities BITE!!