Tuesday, July 2, 2013

all I needed was a damp soul

A few weeks ago I posted this picture on Facebook.


It had rained for roughly thirty seconds that day--just long enough for me to get outside and feel a few drops before it stopped. I was really missing rain. REAL rain.

We were blessed later that night with a solid twenty-minute downpour. Ah, perfection.



Yesterday afternoon, we had a similar downpour, though it lasted only about five minutes. That was plenty of time, however, to get all three kids out the door. Judging from how much they enjoyed those few moments, they must be my children.




One of the coolest moments was when a plane flew right above us.


That was the first moment that I realized just how clear the sky really was, even though it was still raining.


Those little white specks are actually raindrops reflecting the sunlight. Albuquerque, you've earned yourself some serious Wampler points.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

I am very jealous that you have rain and all I have is dead grass and record breaking heat!