Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We keep going...and going...and going...

We have now driven from Albuquerque to Utah/Idaho and back three times now. Seriously, we're pros at this whole long-car-ride-with-three-kids thing. Even if it occasionally includes vomit. I am happy to report also that we have STILL never used any electronics on any of our trips beyond the car stereo. My kids are awesome.

We are continually adding to our collection of car seat pictures. I often think about going through all the pictures I have of my kids and posting the car seat shots...someday.





UTAH
Walks with Lisa and her family in hopes of inducing labor...which didn't work. Oh well. This picture was taken right before Dalton fell off the back of the wagon and sliced his head open.


This picture was taken while Dalton was getting the blood wiped off his head.


Playing at the park later that same day.



Grandpa Jeff gave all the kids rides on his Jazzi.


While waiting for their turns, Grandma Karrie broke out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles.


Enoch and Joel were both thoroughly convinced that EVERY turn was their turn, and we had to chase them down several times to keep them from crawling off after Grandpa.


Breakfast with Grandma. Or it might have been ice cream for bedtime snack...the pajamas aren't helping set the time of day.



And it must be documented--this is an extremely common sight anytime the grandkids are around.




IDAHO
Teaching Ivan to play chess...Audrey actually set up the entire chess board by herself and it was 100% correct. I was quite impressed considering that she's only actually played once.


Naps, games, and general hanging out...









On our way to Idaho this last time we stopped for treats with Grandpa Jeff, Deborah and Michael.



On our way home from Idaho this last time we stopped for breakfast with Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Karrie and Deborah and Amy.


It's impressive how attached Ben still is to Amy, even though we hardly see her now. He absolutely did not hesitate to pick her over me.


Here's another picture of Ben and Amy. Just because it exists.



And last but not least, we stopped at the sand hill in Moab on our way home on Monday. We keep driving past it and the kids and I had never been. It was worth the stop.






Chris pulling some stunts.



Ben being way too far away since I left to take Dad's picture.


Me proving that I had been on the hill so I could climb down and not go back up since I actually hate sand. It so so so drives me crazy to have sand in my socks and/or shoes.


And that's it! Until we go back to Idaho in June for Chris's high school reunion. At least it's still a good five weeks away.

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Soooo... I must ask. Who is driving the car in that top picture with all 3 kids and Chris in the back??? Haha. I still think you guys are crazy making that drive so many times. But at least you are enjoying yourselves. :)

Laura said...

Haha! Amy was with us that day. I was driving, she took the picture. That was on our way to David and Shaya's wedding. :)