Friday, May 10, 2013

The Anniversary of a Kiss

Chris and I shared our first kiss on May 10, 2003 in Pocatello, Idaho. It was the night of senior prom and Chris gave me a good night kiss right outside the hotel room where I was staying with my mom. That particular moment is (thankfully) un-photo-documented, but I do have at least one picture of a picture from prom.


On May 10, 2013, we just happened to be in Pocatello, Idaho. It was too good a chance to pass up, especially considering that we live more than 750 miles again. This time, we did document the 10-year celebration.


Perhaps I should note that we had already been in the car for well over 11 hours at this point, and Ben had just barely fallen asleep after screaming so hard that he threw up all over himself, his car seat, the floor, and anything touching the floor within two feet of him. I had envisioned pulling over and getting my memorial kiss in front of the same hotel as our first kiss, but when it came right down to it, I was not at all willing to pull over and wake that stinker up. So Audrey kindly took the picture for us from the back seat and Chris kissed me while I was driving.

Nice commentary on how our lives have changed in the last ten years, don't you think?

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

hahaha. Oh that's awesome. And romantic. Especially the part about Ben throwing up all over the place. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

Very cute! Sans the vomit. :)