Monday, May 6, 2013

Filling the hours

Sometimes, it feels like we're still brand new in Albuquerque...I mean really, we've only been here for five months. We're still in the honeymoon phase, just settling in.

And then, I spend a good chunk of the afternoon on the phone with Christopher figuring out how we are going to coordinate flights to Georgia to find an apartment, have our apartment here packed and shipped in some kind of time-convenient manner, work out driving across seven states without losing a week's worth of salary, factoring in a wedding and camping trip, and doing it all in such a way that Jane won't miss her first day of kindergarten in Atlanta.

But really...didn't we just barely move?

In between that chaos, though, we're still having some good times.

Trips to the park...







Visiting with Heather...



Adventures with Mom to get new tires on the van...



And just hanging out at home, no matter how long or short we live here.





3 comments:

Brenda said...

It is so hard for me to think of her as Audrey, but I'm going to make the transition! Just makes it easier for me to call her AJ later :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Did I miss something? Are you calling her Audrey now? That would be an adjustment. :) and I totally know the moving drama. We did too many of those short and sweet moves and they suck! I don't miss those days. But I know it's all going to work out in the end for you. Good luck in finding another new apartment!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Love this post! I'm sorry you are in the midst of another move on the horizon... You are so good to roll with the punches.

Great pictures of the park.