Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mommy Date

There are times when playdates are all about the kids--making up fun activities, creating simultaneously crafty and delicious treats, adventuring in new venues--and then there are the playdates that are all about the Moms.

Ok, maybe that's really how most playdates are...at least around my house.

Some of you may have recently read Liz's blog and you already know that we had a wonderful trip to Discovery Gateway downtown. The girls ran loose, Liz and I parked it at the door with the babies and talked and talked and talked about all kinds of things that we didn't even realize we had in common, even though we've known each other since our first babies were born more than four years ago.

We should have playdates more often so we can have enough conversation saved up that we can actually pay attention to the kids. Who's with me?

Anyway. Pictures!!



See? Only two pictures. I told you I was too busy talking.

Ok, all you Mom friends in the Salt Lake area--I vote we set up a regular monthly playdate.

How's the first Thursday of the month?
That would be this coming week.
I volunteer my house first.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm there!! I think I'll be watching my neice the first Thursday of February so if that's when you do it I'll have an extra kiddo if that's okay.

Rebecca said...

Niece* oops.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

So... I don't know how I missed this post. :) I'm good with that plan.

Tannie Datwyler said...

THIS KILLS ME!! I want to be in the SL valley so bad. You all having play dates without me. SNIFF!! :)