Saturday, July 9, 2011

so close...


I am less than three weeks away (hopefully!) from having a baby.

Problem is, that baby is upside-down.

Sometimes.

Other times, he's sideways.

By upside-down I mean his head is in my ribs.
That's opposite of where it should be.
It's also terribly uncomfortable.

My doctor's plan of action is to wait another week and if he hasn't flipped on his own into the desired head down position, she'll do a manual version--basically, the doctor will push on the outside of my stomach and physically turn the baby around by hand.

Um...that doesn't sound pleasant.

Option 1:
Follow the doctor's plan.

Option 2:
Chiropractor.

I visited a new chiropractor twice on Friday, and I'll be back first thing Monday morning. The objective is to get my spine and pelvis aligned so the baby has the room to move where he should be.

We have until next Friday. That's when my doctor has the version scheduled. In the meantime, I'll have several visits to the chiropractor's office and lots of time hanging upside off the couch as well as marching around, all to help the muscles move in the right direction and encourage the baby to move in the right direction.


If he doesn't flip around--
either through the work with the chiropractor or by doing a version
--I'll have to have a c-section.
I'd rather avoid that.


Turn over, baby!

1 comment:

Michael and Amanda said...

That is the cutest pregnant picture I've ever seen! Good luck with little Ben and sorry Michael said those things earlier today.