Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Distractions

It never ceases to amaze me how occupying pregnancy can be in the last month when you are hardly doing anything. Just sitting on the couch is draining. Thankfully, I have people around who like me and are willing to give me some distractions from wallowing in the self-pity of hugeness and rearranged ribs.


Surprise!


Tannie and my mom paired up to throw me a surprise baby shower.

THANK YOU!

This was a majorly needed attitude pick-me-up, not to mention the needed adorableness of baby boy clothes. Thank you again for organizing it, and thank you to everyone who came. And thank you to those who didn't make it but sent packages--it's like the party just keeps going!


Road Trip!

As seems to be a habit with me, we drove up to Logan this last weekend to hang out one last time (in Cache Valley) with our good friends the Datwylers.


Ah, it was good. Husbands and kids had all kinds of fun playing at the playground while Tannie and I sat in the shade and talked. Just the way it should be.


Aren't our kids cute? I never did catch a picture of Deirdre, unless you count the car seat in the background...


And here's proof that Chris and I were both there, too.


After our picnic, we spent a few hours just hanging out at their house. We had popsicles,


and the guys enjoyed watching videos online of various woodworking projects.


All while Tannie and I visited. As it should be.

Ha--I just noticed that each paragraph about our trip to Logan started with the letter A. Did you notice before I told you?


Playdate!

Yesterday, Liz, Maddie, Brooklyn, Aubrey, Erin, Hayden, Halle, Rebecca, Miss B, Jean, Weston, and Cole all came to our house to play. Five adults, ten kids, two blow-up swimming pools. If that's not a good distraction from sitting around, I don't know what is.

Sadly, no pictures! Let's hope it just turns into a regular thing and we'll get pictures next time. (HINT, HINT)


Blogging Break!

I only really have the motivation and ability to write this post right now because Wendi and Tony, our neighbors down the street, picked up the girls and let them tag along at this week's cub scout activity with slurpees to follow. Such a difference just an hour parenting hiatus can make, particularly on nights like this when Chris has to work late. Thank you!


Quick updates:

Baby is still breech. I'm going to the chiropractor twice a day, every day this week in hopes that he'll flip before my doctor does the version on Friday afternoon. Who knows how it will play out in the end...there's ever so slight a chance that he'll be born this weekend if the version triggers labor. But then again, maybe that wouldn't be so bad...

And I am happy to report that Jane is potty trained. When I say that, yes, I am acknowledging that she will still have accidents now and again. No one is perfect. But I am pretty confident in saying that she's there. Let's just hope regression isn't too bad when baby comes home.

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

First of all, I'm sad I missed your shower. But I guess that means I will have to come visit you again so I can bring you your present :) Second. Thanks for letting us have a play group. I was SO ready for an outing with friends with little kids for my girlies to play with. We really do need to do it more often. I am still hoping for you that your little guy will turn the right direction.

Alyssa Harper said...

Looks like SUCH a fun visit. And I'm so glad you got a little break tonight to relax and blog. You totally deserve it. I hope everything turns out alright with your baby!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm glad I could contribute to your end of pregnancy distractions! I still need that picture of the kiddos on the bench.

Brenda said...

Sad I couldn't make it to the shower. It was so hard not to tell you it was coming. You kept talking about wanting one and I just wanted to burst out and tell you it was going to happen. But I had fun picking out material for Ben's blanket. I think it turned out well. I was wondering if the version would trigger labor. I will be down next weekend for the reunion. Let me know if you need anything.