Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Picturesque Festivities

I was planning on just posting our holiday activity pictures with minimal narration, like I did for Easter, but as I went through the pictures, I realized that I have too much to say. Hope that doesn't bug you too much.

Friday Night Fireworks

Lisa gets the bonus of having her birthday fall during the time that fireworks are legal. Lucky her, we all did fireworks at our house to celebrate.


Our neighbor Tony came over when he saw us all outside. He does professional fireworks shows...because of that, he never has time to do his own driveway shows. He bribed us with a few (really cool) fireworks to let him join us. Ha. As if you even need to ask? These are the kind of fireworks we were doing...


Saturday Night Fireworks

...and these are the kind of fireworks that Tony does.


Chris was helping Tony with the set-up of the fireworks at the North Salt Lake show this weekend. We got extra good seats because of them. Anybody else catch that one?


This is how far we were from the actual fireworks.


I didn't really know how the girls would do. Jane is older than last time we tried, and Megan has never seen big fireworks before (that I can remember). They both thought they were great.


Megan found herself a better seat about halfway through.


Thanks for such a good show, Tony!

Monday Day Parties

As per tradition, we started the morning of the Fourth at my mom's ward's annual breakfast.


Then the parade. Ha.


You know how people on parade floats usually throw candy out to the audience? Well, Lisa and Mom decided that they would throw candy at the parade instead.


Our kids got the most taffy...what can I say? Grandma spoils them.


After the parade the fire truck treated everyone to a water fight.


This is how Megan felt about getting wet.


And this is how Jane felt when her precious water balloon betrayed her and broke on her shirt.


I'm sensing some personality differences...

Last but not least, the barbeque at Grandma and Grandpa's house.


You can tell we were having a barbeque, right? That's the only picture I have. Ha.

And then we were done.


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!


2 comments:

Brenda said...

I watched Megan play with the sprinkler once. So I can imagine the fun she had with the fire truck. Love her little smile!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Sheehs - you guys did A LOT more than we did. :)

YES Googlereader is TOTALLY worth it. It just reads all your blogs and tells you when there are updates. That way you don't have to check everyone's blogs. It doesn't work on private ones, so I just have to check those periodically.