Friday, July 29, 2011

Meet the Baby

We're still in the hospital. Everything is going well, we're just biding our time until we've reached the required 72 hour stay after a c-section. We should be headed home tomorrow morning. Yay!!!

The hospital isn't all bad. In fact, it can be quite the exciting new playground...

My mom brought the girls in to meet Ben on Thursday. Ah! So cute!



It was a little surreal, though, to look through all these pictures and realize that I do, in fact, have three kids now. I feel too young to have three kids.

They brought a present to give to Ben. Megan graciously helped him open it.


And wouldn't you know, Ben had presents for Jane and Megan, too! He's so thoughtful like that.


Jane got a new playpen for her babies and Megan got her own doll that's really hers--not Jane's. They had a lot of fun playing then and left Ben alone long enough for him to eat.



We had several other visitors that day, too. Wendi came--with tacos! Yay! (for Wendi and the tacos) I didn't get a picture, though. Thanks for the visit! Tannie drove down all the way from Logan just to see me. (Not to hold the baby or to borrow Stargate...) Dad and Michael came, too.


Ha--next time you guys should smile. :)

Amy and Sarah were the last drop-ins of the day.


Amy even fixed the nail polish on my toe that got messed up while we were in labor and delivery. Thanks! That's what sisters are for.


Jane and Megan came back to visit again this morning. They took their turns holding the baby...



...then they found other things to do.


It's even better when Dad joins in.


Last but not least, Ben was a gentleman and walked the ladies to the door to say goodbye.


It was very nice to have our family all together. I look forward to being home again with all FIVE of us.


P.S. Thank you, Mom, for taking most of these pictures. And for watching my girls while I'm incapacitated. And for giving me orange flowers. And for being my mom while I'm still trying to figure out how to be a mom, too.

7 comments:

Katie said...

See now your introduction of the baby went over a lot better then ours did. Yours was a lot more like I had anticipated... but no they had to take Aubrey away to the NICU 15 minutes before the girls got there to meet her and then hooked her up to all sorts of machines. But I'm not bitter :) I'm glad the girls like their baby brother. Oh he is so precious.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Sorry that comment was from me, Liz :) I'm at my in-laws house...

Erin said...

I think it's fun that we've gone through the whole pregnancy and now their births at the same time. I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel too young to have 3 kids! I keep thinking about you and how you're holding your brand new boy too. So fun! Congrats and I hope you get healed up soon!

Jamie Younker said...

Love all the great pictures. Isn't it so great to have the whole family together? I bet you're excited to go home. Although I must say I LOVED being at the hospital. You don't have to do any housework, someone brings you your food, you pretty much lay around and watch TV and visit with people... does it get any better than that? No. It does not.

You're going to love being a family of 5! Good luck with everything!

Karrie said...

I love you, Laura!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hey! I tried to smile. :) And you KNOW I did come to see you, the baby and DVDs were just an added bonus.

I hope going home today went okay.

Craig said...

Congratulations on everything: making it through nine months of pregnancy and a c-section, having a beautiful baby boy, having a great husband and two wonderful daughters. You all make a wonderful family. We hope to see you all soon.