Friday, February 18, 2011

Choose a Season

One of the things I prefer about living in Utah over Washington is the distinctiveness in seasons. When it's winter, you know it's winter. When it's summer, you know it's summer.

It's not working for me this year.

We keep having fake-out snowstorms. There are all kinds of warnings and weather advisories, but nothing quite seems to make it to our house. The snow we do get lasts only for a day or two, then melts so you can see the dead brown grass underneath. Yuck.

Spring-like weather isn't all bad...


But I have to say, I wish it would snow. For real. I was excited for the blizzard we had a couple days ago, but again, the storm was brief and the snow short-lived. I know a lot of you would argue with me, but I have to say, spring is much more enticing to me if we really had a chance to live through winter first. It's a whole different world when it's really snowed.

One side note for Grandma Karrie...


What not to do with small children: Sit them on a high counter within reach of isopropyl alcohol. You can use that in your trainings.

4 comments:

Karrie said...

Take that girl down from the counter! She could fall and have a TBI after she drinks the toxic chemical!

Lisa said...

Don't worry, the alcohol was sealed. She couldn't have opened it.

We Krazy Knuts said...

I totally agree with you on the weather thing. The winter we've been having is mostly just nasty looking all the time. Blah!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Laura, I'm on YOUR side! I actually like winter and spring is my least favorite season (until about May or June) because it's so ugly. So I haven't really been enjoying the weather. :) The snow right now outside looks lovely. We got another storm today. Did you guys?