Monday, February 14, 2011

Amazing

We were cleaning out a few cupboards when the phone rang. A neighbor's gas tank had fallen off his van and he was stranded in the Walmart parking lot--could Chris please come help?

Of course.

We were getting the girls ready for a bath when there was a loud knock on the door. A sister in the ward had a bit of an emergency with her teenage son--could Chris please come help?

Of course.

We were sitting down to dinner when there was another loud knock on the door. An elderly neighbor's husband had fallen--could Chris please come help?

Of course.

We were getting started into a long, busy weekend when the Bishop called. A sister in the ward had a car that kept dying--could Chris please come help?

Of course.

I married a good man.
But you already knew that.

We have an agreement that Valentine's Day celebration as a couple consists of going out to dinner as a couple--my choice of restaurant because I'm the one who cares. This year we shook things up a bit by taking the girls to the house of a friend of mine--Thanks, Meghann! It was fun for them to meet a some new friends and fun for us to go somewhere out of our usual stomping ground. The only downside-- I never introduced them to Chris. He had never met them and pointed out that he trusted me enough to leave our children with people who, to him, were complete strangers.

My apologies to Chris, Meghann, and Aaron.
I promise to officially introduce you all when you come over on Friday!

In my holiday restaurant choosing, I had only two requirements: a really good salad and a really good baked potato. The verdict? Applebee's.


Ah, it was delicious. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal, despite sitting too close to the door and freezing half the time. The leftovers were awesome, too.

We followed up dinner by ice cream and window shopping lumber at Lowe's. If that doesn't say love, I don't know what does... But seriously, Chris is planning to build us a king size bed, so we did have a purpose there!

Our celebrations today have been pretty laid back. We colored a cute Valentine's picture this morning. The girls have spent the day playing with their Valentine's gifts.


Chris decided to invest $1.98 in the two balloons for the girls. My goodness, that's the best two dollars we ever spent. Way better than cards or candy for two little girls. And Grandma Karrie brought them each a new stuffed animal--Jane took hers to bed with her and Megan keeps carrying hers around and stroking its back. Cute.


happy valentine's day to all

3 comments:

Meghann said...

To funny and so cute! I can't believe I've never been formally introduced to Chris. I feel like I already know him after hearing so much about him when you 2 were dating and now keeping up on your cute family via blog.

Michael said...

When you guys get that new bed done I might just come knock on the door and ask if Chris can help me with a bed too :)

Michael and Amanda said...

We LOVE Applebee's. That's probably where we're going!