Monday, November 1, 2010

of Ps and Pumpkins and Princesses

Our Halloween costumes this year were inspired by, well, laziness. Let's start with Jane...


She loves this dress. It's way too big, but I bought it anyway because it was only $4. She LOVES to wear it because it's long and twirly. It's a princess dress, right? So, we bought her the crown and jewels. Yeah, pretty much the happiest princess ever.

And Megan...


This is the same costume that Michael sent us while I was pregnant with Jane. Megan's turn!

They thought it was quite funny. Apparently.


On Friday night, we went to my mom's church for their ward Halloween party since our ward didn't do anything. It was fun to hang out with family, even though we didn't really know anyone else.


Chris was changing Sarah's brakes right before the party, so we had to create his costume on the spot. Eye makeup, don't ya know. (And I think my hair looks really good right here.)


Our costumes...ha. I think they're funny.


Chris was "black eyed Ps"--get it? I was a partly cloudy night with a chance of rain. Spray bottle--get it?

The only disappointing thing was that no one really knew who we were, so no one asked what our costumes were. Too bad. Since we didn't know anyone, Chris spent most of the party sitting in the middle of the room alone. Sigh.


But, since we were at someone else's ward party, we can use our same costumes next year when our ward (hopefully!) has a party!

Megan was wearing down by the end of the party.


We finally had to take off her costume. Between that and the chocolate, she was all kinds of fine from then on.


Do you like Deborah's makeup? Pretty cool, eh?

And Dalton looked pretty cute, too, as Batman.


Saturday's festivities started with new t-shirts for the girls. Thank you, Grandpa and Georgia!


The disappointing thing, though, was that I got several way cute pictures of the two of them together in their new shirts. When I went to upload them onto the computer...they were gone! Sad, sad, sad day. The picture above was the best I got the second time around. Most of them ended up like this.


Funny, and kinda cute, but not in the same way, you know?

We went trick-or-treating that night as a family. It was raining off and on the whole time, so we had to adapt for the weather. I thought Jane looked cute with her umbrella and crown and pumpkin.


Deborah gave us this pumpkin jacket for Megan. Thanks! Since it had long sleeves, we opted for this instead of the tiger while we were outside.


Despite the look on her face, those homemade doughnuts, an extra treat from one of our neighbors in our ward, were quite delicious.

Trick or treat!


Megan got to walk for a little while, too.


She makes me feel less short.

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You make me laugh Laura. I love your short comment. Your girls look cute. And I think you and your hubby's costumes look great. Very creative!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs - but I just read this post and the one below it.

I love the comments about the shots - Claire and Linus were the same. Linus got 4 shots and screamed indignantly for 20 seconds and then was fine. Claire only got 2 but had a COW a HUGE COW for about 20 minutes. SIGH.

I also was going to comment on the other downside of coats - buckling kids in. I really don't mind cold weather that much, but it takes so much longer to get everyone ready (like you said, even with velcro shoes it takes longer and then you have to put coats on). But what I dislike most is buckling in.

And good things - Hot chocolate, blankets, sweaters. I don't mind too much, until MARCH then I'm done. :)

As for this post - I personally like your costumes. VERY clever, and I love the picture of you putting the makeup on Chris - very nice. :)

The girls look so cute in their costumes - FUN stuff. We went to Richard's parents' ward Halloween carnival, because our ward is like yours and didn't do anything.

We Krazy Knuts said...

Oh, your girls are so cute. I just don't know how you got Megan's nose and whiskers on...we tried it for Brooklyn and thought she was going to die.
So fun! Cute girls!

Karrie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I did get asked about Chris's costume. Judy did think it was very clever!

Meghann said...

Laura your posts make me smile! All of the costumes are great!