Tuesday, November 9, 2010

stuck

Do you ever get in a blogging rut? I have a wonderful trip to Wheeler farm to blog about, and we spent an entire week practicing our colors with all kinds of fun activities. But alas, I just haven't found the motivation to write about it all. So, to break the rut, I thought I'd post something that makes me smile instead...maybe that will bring blogging back into my good graces.

Yesterday was a mopey kind of day. It was rainy and wet outside and it made everything inside just feel darker. I tried to spice up the day with a new game: blanket forts.


Sadly, they didn't love it, though the picture is cool. All Jane wanted to do was sit on the chairs and Megan kept pulling the blanket off. Sigh. We played dress up instead and that seemed to hit the spot. Jane has been a princess all week.


She was given this getup from Laura Lee for her birthday at the beginning of the year--thank you! She liked it then, but that was nothing compared to how much she likes it now.

Megan's form of dress up was a bit different...


That's one of Jane's used socks on her arm. I tried to take it off, but she got really mad at me. When I took it off for snack, she just went and found the other one.


She even kept it on for dinner. At least until I gave her food. Somehow, dirty sock and food just didn't seem to go together nicely.

6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

hahaha I have to agree those pictures made me laugh. And yes, I definitely know the whole blogging rut story. Somedays it's just... not there.

Jess said...

good movie :) also, i believe that kuzco is shouting "i don't make deals with peasants!!" at that moment.

pawlyandsandy said...

LOL, that's so funny! Erik loves putting socks on his hands too. Surprised that they didn't like the fort idea, Erik LOVES building blanket forts!

Rebecca said...

Haha this made me laugh! And today has been one of those days where I needed a good laugh...so thank you :)

Meghann said...

I love the sock, too funny!

The Edwards Family said...

I so get in a blogging rut which is why some of my posts are so long. I get in a rut, things pile up to blog about, then I have one huge blogging day where I blog it all or most of it and then I go back to the rut. It's a vicious cycle... :)