Sunday, October 17, 2010

10.10.10

In true orange fashion... Last Sunday was Dad's birthday!

Much to his chagrin, we held a family party with an open invitation to any and all who wished to stop by. Lisa was a much more faithful photographer this time around than I was, so I don't have any pictures of the party guests, the orange decorations, or the lovely window display I painted on the front of the house. I should at least get a copy of that one.

I do, however, have a few shots of the small family celebration held right before the open house started.

Without the request of the man of the hour, Lisa and I baked him his own personal German chocolate cake.


With candles to blow out, of course.


For Megan, I had intended to put candles on her fruit pizza cookies but I forgot. Sad! So, I made her some cupcakes (white cake with the confetti frosting...the kind of cake that everyone likes).


Then Dad opened his presents...again to his apparent dismay, although I'd wager he enjoyed the attention more than he really wants to admit.


And finally, just a couple cute pictures. Grandpa with all of his currently existing grandkids...


And Dad with Sarah. She couldn't stay for the party because she had to work, but I had to prove that she is, in fact, still alive and part of our family. Yay!


Happy (late) Birthday,
Dad/Grandpa/Jeff!

No comments: