Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I prefer it when my children...

At least this last week, I preferred it when my small children threw up, as opposed to when my husband threw up.

Caution: This post may be ever-so-slightly graphic. Consider yourself warned.

Megan only threw up once, in bed. I pulled her out and put her right in the tub, then pulled all her sheets out in a ball and tossed them into the washer. Done.

I have already chronicled Jane's episode, but to recap, she threw up several times. The first couple times I had to change the sheets (again, straight into the washer) and the following times she always made it into the bowl. Rinse out and done.

Chris, on the other hand. Oh, man. (By the way, I do have his permission to post this.)

Chris hadn't been feeling well on Saturday, but we ventured out to my parents' house for a change of scenery and free food. The windows were down for the fresh air, I was driving. We hit a speed bump.

According to Chris, we hit the speed bump and next thing he knew, we were already parked in front my parents' house a block away and he had thrown up all over the car door. He had passed out.

I rushed the girls inside and left them with my mom while I went back out, armed with paper towels and wet rags and proceeded to wipe down my car, inside and out. Fun stuff.

That was Saturday afternoon. Early Sunday morning, around 1:00, I woke up to a very loud crashing sound. I jumped out of bed and went into the kitchen and found Chris laying on the floor, again having passed out...and thrown up.

He sat on the kitchen floor while I scrubbed around him, including the counters and sink within falling distance, then started a load of laundry while he took a shower. Fun middle of the night activity, eh?

Neither of us could sleep after that, so we stayed up a watched two episodes of Monk before finally going to bed. Long night.

All in all, this time around, I found it much, much easier to clean up after my 2-year-old and 1-year-old daughters than I did cleaning up after my 25-year-old husband. I wouldn't have guessed that. He has never passed out like that before, but it happened twice this time.

I haven't gotten sick. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

OH dear!!! I'm so sorry - that's yucky and awful to deal with. Lucky for me that didn't happen because I'd probably puke if I had to clean up after someone.

I see your book club is reading Rose Daughter. I have to say - I didn't like it. I LOVED Beauty, but Rose Daughter was slow to me. It's a good thing to discuss though, the different Beauty and the Beast stories.

Deborah said...

I love Beauty as well, it's by far one of my favorite books. Being a big fan of Robin McKinley in the first place though I decided to give Rose Daughter a shot. While I didn't particularly care for it the first time around, it has grown on me since, especially after reading her more recent books like Chalice.