Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Goodness

With the exception of the obvious like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and of course St. Patrick's Day, we tend to be last-minute holiday planners. Valentine's Day? I'll grab a box of "whatever's leftover at Walmart" cards for the kids to take to school. New Year's? We seek out other people who never bothered to make plans. Labor Day? I'm not actually sure why it's a holiday to begin with, let alone what you're supposed to do to celebrate.

But hey, a day off is a day off! So we went to the park.






I didn't know that Ben had graduated up to doing the Fireman's pole.


I also didn't know that Audrey prefers to cross the monkey bars upside-down.


Simon attempted the swing again...still didn't love it, but at least he didn't scream the entire time like he has in the past.


Highlight: Racing Dad around the tree and back.



Side effect: 175 goatheads stuck in Christopher's shoes.


After lunch and a quiet time movie, the kids painted these cardboard letters that I bought ages ago and never let them touch. Turns out Chris and I don't have a lot of patience for paint and the resultant mess.






Thankfully, everyone survived.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I like how everyone has on green for labor day. Must be St. Patrick's day's 6 month celebration. Now we know why we celebrate it! ;)