Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Few Hairs Short

I kept telling Jane that her hair was like a rat's nest. Have you ever seen a rat's nest? I haven't, so I googled it. Yuck. Turns out I was right even though I was only using the turn of phrase without having actual personal knowledge. It was a fight just about every day to get Jane to let me brush her hair. Ironically, her usual fight was to hide under a blanket. If you've ever had hair, you may realize that hiding under a blanket actually makes the snarls worse. Argh.

I eventually told her that if she wouldn't let me brush her hair, I was going to cut it. She always flipped out a bit when I said that, then finally sat still for me to apply the hair brush to the mass of knots cascading down her back.

Funny thing, though, was all those knots seemed to miraculously reappear by the next morning...

So we had it cut.


Courtesy of Cookie Cutters, Jane's hair is now approximately seven inches shorter.


Can I just say how fabulously easier it is to brush now?


Her big hang up for a long time was that she thought that once you cut it, it was short forever. As soon as I explained that it would in fact grow long again, she was all kinds of excited for the barber shop.


You may note, however, that my hair is still quite long.


As evidenced by our recent hopscotch tournament in the backyard.


All the girls participated.


I don't think Megan quite understood, though. She kept skip-running well past the end of the hopscotch lines.


Jane has some pretty good jumping skills.


I think she won.


At least, I assume she won. She is the one who made up all the rules.


3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Her hair looks so cute! Glad her hair is not a rats nest anymore... :)

Molly said...

Very cute hairscut Jane!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Her hair looks super cute!! I have contemplated cutting Claire's... it gets wearing to comb it out all the time and do it up nice. But, she loves it and I love the comments. :) So - long it is. Maybe D will have short hair.

I love the jumping picture of Jane. CUTE!!