Saturday, June 16, 2012

Huzzah!

We have had THREE massively huge successes in our family in the last couple of weeks.

In a sudden bout of amazingness, Megan is now potty trained. I let her wear underwear one day just for the heck of it and she has worn it ever since. A few accidents here and there, a rough time in the feces department for a while there, but she's pretty much there now. She has yet to wet the bed at night, and she has no problem using a toilet anywhere.

Hooray for having a much, MUCH better experience this time around, for all involved.


With the last sticker on her chart, she earned her prize: the Cinderella Princess barbie.

And by the way, note our awesome new entertainment center!


I designed it, and our neighbor Tony built it for us. It is GORGEOUS. I absolutely love it. Yay!! Thanks Tony!

Chris had made amazing progress on the bed--all pieces are now pieced together. There is a bit of finishing and structural touches to add, and then it's on to gluing. The end is near!



And last but not least, I NAILED MY GOAL!!!!

My book is not done, but I do have well over sixty pages written. Just for fun, I took a screen shot of the print preview scaled back as far as it would go. It doesn't even show all the pages.


I have written much of the major trauma moments, with two major exceptions. Now I am working on incorporating funny parts. What I have written is intense and serious, but generally speaking, I am not an intense and serious person. In fact, I am hilarious. That's like totally opposite. So I'm going to make my book funny, while of course still maintaining the truth of my traumas.

Any suggestions on switching back and forth between funny and traumatic?

And just for cutes, here's our picture of the day.


5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love all of your accomplishments. On the entertainment center do you have cupboards or drawers? I think it looks really classy and matches the rest of your shelves. The bed looks amazing! I'm waiting anxiously to read your book. As for addition of humor I think that you will be the best judge. I haven't read it so I don't know where to put it. I'm sure you will do a great job. I always envy your ability to write and convey your meaning in a way that relates to others. You're amazing!!!

Janneke said...

Great job, Laura!!!! I'm so happy for you. What an inspiration you are and will be for so many people.

As for how to go back and forth between funny and serious, I recommend watching a few movies that fall in that category --- comedic dramas? I am not aware of any off the top of my head, but see how they transition from funny to serious. It might help.

Tannie Datwyler said...

HOORAY for accomplishments, and I'm dying without more pages to read from your book. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love your new TV stand! How fun!!! So I have been a little out of it lately but wanted to let you know i am thinking about you. We still don't have internet at the new house so I am WAY behind. But I just realized... we didn't talk this week.

Molly said...

yay! As for the humor and seriousness, just be yourself. You are the best judge, and honestly, the book is for YOU even if other people read it, it should reflect what YOU want. :)