Thursday, November 10, 2011

Idaho, Second Edition

We sent Chris home from Rexburg with Brenda on Sunday night. I stayed a day longer with the kids to visit Tannie at her new house in Rigby. Ah, it's been too long! And they only moved like three months ago. Sigh.

Tannie and I pretty much spent the entire day talking. What else? It's what we do. Luckily, the kids were a little more entertained.

Snacks...and dress up, as needed...


Outside time...


(I didn't go out. It was too cold. And someone had to stay in with the babies.)

Lunch...



Ben's first-ever adventure in an exersaucer. Suffice it to say that he has a new favorite location--he gets to stand up and no one has to wear their arms out holding him up. It's a win-win.


And a whole bunch of other fun activities that we didn't take pictures of because us moms were too busy talking to keep getting out the camera.



Best part of this visit: We could get interrupted multiple times, each of us having to leave the room repeatedly for child intervention, and yet we always came back every time and continued the conversation as if nothing had happened. That takes skill. Skill that is easily developed when living with anyone under four feet tall, and especially with more than one of those someones.

Now if only Rigby and Rexburg weren't so far away... I don't know how many times I'll be brave enough to venture the four hour drive with three little kids. Especially by myself like we did on the way home.

Then again, I had too much fun to stay away for too long!

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun. I would totally do a day trip with you to visit Tannie sometime if you wanted :) I actually have been thinking we need to have another one of those ourselves... We should plan one. I think Becca said she would like to play again soon too. Just thought I would put that out there :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

I love the one of Ben in the exersaucer - I didn't get one of those shots.