Monday, October 10, 2011

I've been shot!


As I mentioned, I took all three kids to the doctor--Megan for her two-year checkup, Ben for his two-month checkup, Jane because there aren't a lot of babysitters available at 11:00 on a Thursday.

It was kind of an intense visit, in an amusing way. Megan and Ben were each getting immunizations. I had assured Jane all morning that she didn't have to get any shots, she just needed to sit quietly and wait until the appointment was over. That's all.

Then the nurse asked me about flu shots.

Jane was pretty ticked at me for pretty much the rest of the day. She was rather indignant that I went back on my word and let the nurse stab her leg while I held her down in a big bear hug.

Moms can be so mean sometimes.

All told, I think the nurse was more traumatized than anyone else. Megan was screaming because she was getting shots, Jane was screaming because she was going to get a shot, and Ben was screaming because no one was holding him. (He was still unaware of the shots to come.) It was rather noisy in that little room.

Once all was said and done, we went out in the hall with all three kids still whimpering. There was a brand new mom in the lobby with her brand new baby. I assured her it wasn't all that bad, I promise.

Of course, I had made all kinds of promises to Jane that morning and see how that turned out.

Anyway...


Ben's two-month stats:

12 lbs. 9 oz.
57th percentile
23 inches
55th percentile

I was a little surprised at his height. At one month, he was 25th for weight and 90th for height. He still looks really long and skinny, but that's not what the numbers say. *shrug*

P.S. Thanks go to Amy--she pretty much saved this entire week at our house. Just sayin'. And she's definitely Ben's favorite aunt.

P.P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad / Grandpa Jeff!

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hehehe - this makes me laugh. :) I might be mean, but I'm just not one of those moms that gets all upset when her kids get shots. I know they are necessary, and sure it's kind of sad to watch a newborn scream his/her head off, but they get over it.

Britta said...

Amy is a great sister. Tell her hi for me!

Hillary said...

so funny!! I would of thought Ben was longer! Maybe he looks so long because he is so skinny.. He is cute and that is all that matters!