Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wigged Vampires

I've had a few posts in mind over this last week, but then Blogger had its random cessation of all service with no apparent explanation...and I'm just now getting down to writing all those things in my head. Mostly that means this post will be one of those "cover it all, all at once" things that I hate trying to edit in my blog books. Oh, well. I'm only in June of 2010 in my current editing, so this post won't show up for editing for a long time yet.

With the exception of one single outfit, I bought my first real baby thing for #3.


My mom came across this cradle through her day care trainings and showed it to me. I really liked the idea of it and the reviews were all very good, so I bought one. It's more contained and set at an angle, which (according to the reviews) helps with babies who like to be held while they sleep and also babies with reflux. It's small enough to move around from room to room, and the whole thing collapses so it's easy to transport to other houses for sleepovers or even just naps. It rocks and fits between the wall and my bed. And it's cute. I'm looking forward to using it. And looking forward even more so to the cute little boy that gets to sleep in it.

We don't really need much baby stuff, hence why we haven't really purchased anything this time around. We do not, however, possess many baby clothes that are appropriate for a BOY...which leaves me with a question. Is it kosher to have a baby shower for a third child, considering that HE is a different gender than both our previous children? Or is that just greedy? Thoughts? I do only need clothes, nothing else, but that's an expense that can add up really quickly...

Speaking of babies, my sister Lisa just found out that she is pregnant with twins, most likely identical. Yay!


In our present family situation, we have determined that it is much more fun to go to the park with Dad than just with Mom. He actually plays along. Don't worry, I'll do better come August...


Of course, swings are always good, no matter who you're with.


Especially if you bring along a handful of peanut butter and jelly sandwich.


Our ward held a yard sale today--before the massive thunderstorm and downpour--and Chris took the opportunity to test out a new hairstyle.


Um...I vote no. In case you're wondering.

And last but not least, I'm beginning to wonder if we have a vampire in the house. Megan was trying to climb onto Jane's bed, and Jane was highly opposed. She made her opposition quite clear.


That is the result of Jane's teeth on Megan's neck. Impressive, huh?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's so funny because I just did a "all in one" post too. Didn't even think about how that's gonna be when I get to making a blog book.

It's definitely 100% kosher to have a baby shower for a 3rd baby when it's a different gender.

Crazy about the little vampire you have!

Megan said...

I agree with Rebecca! In fact I just had a baby shower for a friend today for her 4th because it's a girl and she has 3 boys, so go for it.

I think a small vampire has shown up at my house in the past couple days as well.

Molly said...

Are you kidding?!?! You get two baby showers! One for each gender! totally kosher!

Michael said...

K i'm not the best with ultrasound interpretation so its kind of like those pictures that you try to find stuff in. So on the right side of the picture I saw the face of an old man and then just to the left I saw myself something like a warthog... sorry.

Raylyn said...

Have a clothes shower!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

That bite looks owie! And you already heard my opinion on the shower. :)

Alyssa Harper said...

Bring on the shower! You're totally entitled to one for each gender, that's my opinion. Plus, we women always ADORE an excuse to visit and buy cute baby stuff for each other. :)