Friday, May 6, 2011

Solutions

We have a lot of blocks. Those blocks are kept in the living room, both so we have some kid entertainment in the living room and so they don't get mixed in with all the other toys in the playroom because, let's be honest, that would be a huge pain to clean up every day.

Well, the blocks sit right next to the end table for the couch. The end table on which was sitting a large glass of apple juice.

Notice the was in that sentence? Want to guess where the juice went?

I don't know about you, but individually cleaning a couple hundred very sticky blocks did not sound like fun. I opted instead for the quick wash method:


I think the girls had fun, and the blocks are all clean. Yay for minimal work on my part.

Megan has been looking a little shaggy lately in the bangs area. I'm not worried about her having bangs like I was with Jane--Jane inherited my cowlick right in the middle of her forehead, meaning that bangs of any kind pretty much end up looking ridiculous, no matter how they are styled in the beginning. Megan doesn't have that problem, so I broke out the scissors yesterday for her first-ever haircut.

It's kind of hard to see because her hair is such a fair color--and because she wouldn't look at me so I could take a decent picture--but she went from this:



to this:


Yay for visible eyes! At least, her hair isn't in the way anymore...

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

NICE idea with the blocks. And oh my goodness - Megan's blond hair! What a cute girl.

As for playdate... we've got to figure it out. When is Liz due, do you remember?

Jamie Younker said...

SO I just spent like an hour catching up on your life :) I'm a lame friend and just haven't had time for reading blogs lately but it's so fun to see how much your girls have grown. I don't know why I picked this particular post to comment on, and I don't really have a ton to say but I wanted you to know that I enjoyed catching up on everything that's been going on with the Wamplers!