Monday, April 4, 2011

She made it!

I already mentioned that we have been wanting to get Jane into preschool. She's ready for it, I'm ready for it. I had heard amazing things about the preschool program at the local elementary school and decided it was definitely worth the shot.

I was nervous, though. Apparently everyone else in the neighborhood had also heard all the amazing things about the preschool and it was fairly difficult to get in before all the spots were filled. We showed up early for the registration time, and yet managed to still be at the end of the line for most of the time we were there.

Ugh.

But it worked out. By the time our turn came up and they copied our paperwork, the moment of truth had arrived. Dun dun dun. We got the very last spot for the class we wanted. Yay!! Starting in August, Jane will attend preschool twice a week. Yay!

The one problem we have now is that Jane knows she will be going to school but really has no concept of when that actually happens. We've been trying to give her some major events to help hold off the excitement until the appropriate time. If you ask Jane, she now knows that first Bill and Morgan will get married, then the baby will be born, then Jesus will come. Then we can go to school.

There you have it. The second coming will be sometime in August.

I really don't know where that came from, but she is quite adamant. Oh, well. I guess we'll just play it by ear. :)

Later that evening, we got out of the house for a bit just for the sake of getting out. I think the girls really enjoyed having Dad play with them for a while.



Even if he didn't always follow all the playground rules.


But that's ok. The slides were as fun as ever.



Too bad it's snowed again and we won't be back for a while...

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

How FUN! I wished with all my heart I could have sent Claire to preschool this year - she would have loved it. But, Se La Vi - next year she WILL go. Here's to finding a job and being able to afford preschool - send some good vibes our way.

PS - That's totally awesome about the 6,000 piece puzzle - good luck my friend.

Meghann said...

I really adore Jane's list of events leading up to preschool, it made me laugh out loud!