Thursday, March 31, 2011

Leap Frog

For the last few days, I've been wanting to get just one more post up before the end of the month. Here it is, 9:00 at night on the 31st, and really? I've got nothing special to report on. So, in lieu of exciting news, I opt for pictures and a random update. Let's go...youngest to oldest, shall we?

The baby...

I had a supplemental ultrasound at the end of last week. The doctor wanted clearer pictures of the arteries going into his heart--they weren't concerned about anything, they just wanted better pictures to be on the safe side. They couldn't get the shots they wanted because he was turned the wrong way. So we went back.

He was still turned the wrong way. After much poking and prodding and ridiculous moves on my part trying to get him to flip, we came to the conclusion that this child is one of two things. He has either got quite the attitude already, or he is particularly lazy. Ha.

Why do we come to such conclusions? There were two or three times that the technician tried to nudge him over so she could get the right angle. He started to move in the right direction...then he paused...and promptly rolled back. And repeat. We tried a few different times and he'd almost...almost...flip over, and then go right back. It's as if he was saying, "Ok, I'll turn for you. Oh, wait...just kidding! Ha ha!" Or, he started the move and got partway only to decide it wasn't worth the effort. Sigh.

Don't worry, though. After a rather embarrassing debut of me literally jumping around the room (I've never been so glad to have gone to my appointment alone!), he finally flipped over and the technician took pictures to her heart's content. His, too. Everything looks just perfect. :)

The toddler...


Megan has adjusted well (enough) to her cast. She can do just about whatever she wants now without any major hassle. It's a little sad to watch her try to rub her eyes, though! That can't be comfortable, rubbing with fiberglass and all.

We have had a rough couple of weeks, though, between adjusting to the cast, getting pink eye (again!), and cutting four teeth simultaneously. The girl drools like there's no tomorrow. Or else like someone installed a faucet in her jaw.

Love you, Megan!

The preschooler...


Preschool! Gasp! Ok, I don't actually know for sure, but our fingers are sure crossed. We are going tomorrow afternoon to hopefully register Jane for preschool at the elementary school around the corner from our house. She desperately needs the social time with kids her age, and--don't blame me--we could use a little less, uh, togetherness. This stay-at-home mom thing has put a bit of a strain on our relationship. Don't get me wrong. I love my daughter. I just think that we can both tolerate each other better if we don't have to tolerate each other quite as often.

The man...

Hmmm. I don't really know what to update about Chris. He is working a lot, and doing well at his job. He recently received just about the highest evaluation score that it is possible to get in the company. That's pretty sweet. So is the proportional raise that came with it.

The pregnant one...

Yeah, that'd be me. Ugh. I have had some of the weirdest pregnancy things pop up this time around that never happened in my previous pregnancies. I don't know if it's because we're having a boy this time or what, but really? Give me a break.

For example. I have a huge, blotchy, ugly brown spot that just randomly showed up on my arm.


Thankfully it's starting to fade, but only slightly. (It looks darker in person than in the picture.) As near as I can tell, this is a normal? effect of having so many hormones in your system. Obviously not affecting every person or every pregnancy, still nothing to be concerned about that I know of. Anybody heard of these?

I'm really hoping it'll just disappear. Like, forever. And never come back. There or anywhere.


And...that's all I've got. We'll close out with a picture of Jane's preferred seating when we went to Dee's for lunch today.

7 comments:

Les said...

It could be melasma. If it is it usually it goes away after you have your baby but sun exposure makes it worse so wear lots and lots of sunscreen and try staying out of the sun. :)

Michael said...

It could be that you've been married to Chris for 4 and a half years and somehow he's rubbing off on you :)

Wendy said...

I don't know about splotches, but I had some awesome brown zebra lines up to and around my belly button with Taege. Don't worry, they all went away.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha that picture of Jane at the end is hilarious. What a character that girl is. That's weird about the brown spot thing though... I hope it goes away for you.

Erin said...

I was going to say melasma too. I've also heard it called pregnancy mask, because a lot of women get it on their face.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Fun! I like all the updates. And your determination that your son is either lazy or has an attitude cracks me up.

We Krazy Knuts said...

McLain suggested a good bath! :)