Friday, March 11, 2011

It's A...

I was more nervous going into this ultrasound than I was with either of my previous pregnancies. I think that has a lot to do with being home and having more time to think about it...and being around my family more meant it came up more often in casual conversation.


I entertained myself this week by researching old wives' tales of gender prediction tricks. Here are some of the results...

The baby is lower than I'm used to, enough so that I easily lose feeling in my legs because of it.
Verdict: Boy

At my appointment this morning, the heart rate was 156, higher than 140.
Verdict: Girl

I crave salty foods and meats more than sweets.
Verdict: Boy

Chris has not gained much extra weight while I've been pregnant.
Verdict: Girl

My pillow is directed north when I sleep (as if that really means something?).
Verdict: Boy

I will NOT eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
Verdict: Girl

My dreams have been more frequent and much more vivid than during previous pregnancies.
Verdict: Boy

When my keys were laying on the counter, I pick them up by the small end of one key.
Verdict: Girl

The needle on the string test.
Verdict: Boy


Now, weird, random predictions aside, let's consider some personal preferences...

I am the third girl in my family. I think I turned out pretty good--therefore, third girls are worth it.
Verdict: Girl

We have two girls. A boy would be fun, just for variety's sake.
Verdict: Boy

We have two girls. We know what to do with girls!
Verdict: Girl

We have a lot of girl clothes. They are getting boring. It would be fun to have an excuse to get new things.
Verdict: Boy

We have a lot of girl clothes. No need to spend more money!
Verdict: Girl

We have wanted a boy from the very beginning of our marriage. It's about time, isn't it?
Verdict: Boy

We make stinkin' cute girls. Why not stick with what we're good at?
Verdict: Girl

Well, the ultrasound was this morning.

And the verdict is...



IT'S A BABY!!


Sorry. We're not telling. Yes, we do know. But we share a lot of our lives with everyone we know.

Just this once, we want to keep a secret. :)




For a day.

Seriously, there is no way I could last longer than that.
We'll tell you tomorrow.
Promise!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER!!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

You crack me up friend. :) I saw a family today at JC Penny when I was getting Deirdre's pictures. 5 girls!! I thought of you. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You're a goof! But since I like you, I will gladly wait. :)

Lura said...

I LOVE this post! It is so cute and creative!

Rebecca said...

Haha I can't wait to know!!

Meghann said...

mean :(

Nancy Hicks said...

No way.... really?