Sunday, May 23, 2010

On my list

Before I can attempt to go to sleep tonight, I need to write down all the things I have to remember this week so I don't lay awake with them all running through my head. I thought I'd share. Brace yourselves!

MONDAY
at school:

Send home last communication report to every student--these have to be filled out individually for each kid.

Type the program for the graduation ceremony, including all fifth grade students' names, have it proofread by the three other teachers, and copy and fold enough for all the parents.

Lead the third on-field rehearsal of the Civil War reenactment and make up for what we ran out of time to cover on Friday--if it doesn't rain. If it does rain, ummm...think of a back-up plan before then!

Inform two students that they need to speak in the graduation.

Correct and repair the script for the reenactment.

Distribute the battle speeches to performing students.

Pack the closet and get the rest of everything off the classroom walls.

Oh, yeah...teach 26 fifth graders at the same time!

at home:

Clean up the mess accrued from being gone for three days.

Pack Jane's bedroom so she stops breaking things I left on the floor last time I started packing her room.

Wash the bottles...there aren't any left.

Finish cleaning up the remnants of making hair clips...yes, it's still on the counter. ;)

Oh, yeah...take care of a two year old and a baby at the same time!

in between:

Get fingerprinted at the USU Police Station for my teaching license.

Go to Sam's Club to buy formula for Megan since it's all gone.

Return a temporarily lost dvd to Logan Library.


And that's just Monday.
Oh, man.



Later in the week, we have the actual graduation ceremony on Tuesday followed by three hours rehearsing on the field, our class auction and PTA field day on Wednesday, and the grand finale Civil War Reenactment on Thursday, which all has to be prepped Tuesday and Wednesday nights. And I have to completely pack the rest of my classroom. So far, I've unloaded two and a half bookcases and about three cupboards. There is a lot more to go... I also need to collect all the books my students have borrowed. And get all my files off the computer. And get everything off the laptop and take it back to school.

Wish me luck. I'm not feeling terribly optimistic that I can keep going like this anymore. Four more days. Four more days. Four more days.

Oh, man.

P.S. added Monday morning:
I totally fell asleep on the couch last night after typing all that. Luckily, I did wake up and actually went to bed. Then I woke up this morning to an alarm on my phone reminding me that I have a meeting at 8:30 this morning that I have not yet prepared for. Oh, man. And I have another meeting during my prep period today, which I am also not prepared for, and I lose my prep. Four more days. Four more days...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You can do it Laura!! I believe in you. I wish I was there to be more helpful. I'm going to try and help paint you new house later this week if that helps. :) You are so strong. I hope I can be like you when I grow up. :)