Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Bane of my Existence

I hate washing bottles. Tonight, every bottle in my house was dirty. Every single one. I did manage to get them loaded into the dishwasher, though.


Irony here is, yes, I am still nursing Megan. We use bottles because Megan doesn't always get quite enough to eat from breastfeeding. I also enjoy the flexibility of giving her a bottle, which is often more portable than nursing. I can get more done when she has a bottle. Particularly handy when Chris is gone and Jane is...being her two-year-old self.

But like I said, I hate washing them. In an ideal world, I would probably hand-wash them all right as soon as Megan was done drinking, and possibly run it through the dishwasher just to be sure that everything is sufficiently clean.

Yeah, right.

So, I rinse them out, not necessarily right after, and they all go through the dishwasher. Not usually all at the same time, though...

I was out of spoons tonight, too. That makes it harder to eat my nightly bowl of cereal. Guess it really was time to do the dishes.

8 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

That right there is the reason I try to only use a couple bottles at a time. I know i would let them pile up for wayyy too long.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay - I LOVE that picture. :) I'm glad you got the dishes done.

Britta said...

Isn't it crazy how the more of something you have the faster you seem to go through it? I hate doing dishes. Ugh.

Drew and Sadie said...

Pretty much love reading your posts. They make my day. You are such a good writer!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Sorry that was my deleted comment...I made a boo-boo.

I HATE washing bottles too! And I swear that's all I do...I'm pretty much just solely pumping and feeding. So I go through so many bottles...it's such a good feeling when they're all clean though. Which reminds me...since she's napping I probably should get on that now. Uhh.

ps. I'm getting super excited for you to move down south so we can have dinner parties again. My parents invited us for dinner the other night and put us in charge of a salad and we bought one of the salads that we would always bring when we'd have dinner with you guys...brought back good memories! :)

Delia said...

Ha ha. I am so sorry. I wish there was an economical way to create disposable bottles eh?

Kym said...

I hated washing bottles, too!! And I just read your last post and my gut hurts from laughing so hard. You're HILARIOUS!!! What an awful situation, though.