Monday, August 6, 2012

My Miracle that is Absolutely Worth All the Crap of the Last Year



Benjamin Ryan

20 lbs 14 oz
21%

30 inches
58%

still tall and skinny

I am floored by how much Ben can already do when he's only a year old. For example...

Words
daddy
hi
grandpa
see ya later
juice
YES

Yes was his first word and continues strongly as his favorite word. Quite refreshing really from the traditional favorite toddler word.


And yes, I said it--TODDLER. Yesterday afternoon while at Amy's house warming party, Ben took his first steps. Yesterday evening when we were home, he took more steps. Way, way more steps. And he just keeps going. Unbalanced and unstable and uncoordinated, but walking nonetheless.

Videos to be posted whenever I manage to find my camera...

Lucky for all of you, I already downloaded all the fabulous pictures from his birthday party pre-lost camera.

We had quite the turnout for such a little person.


Presents were entertaining. I helped him get the first few rips going, then he took it from there.


Though he apparently did not like the chaos of ripped paper, so he put it back. Pretty much every time.


No surprise, the best part of the party was the cake. Seriously.


Grandma Janet provided the real cake, thoroughly enjoyed by all. Nice memories, too--it was the same kind of cake as our wedding cake. Ah, good times.


For the younger folk with smaller hands (and mouths), we prepared this deliciousness as well.


Happy Birthday to my little boy!


Let's celebrate for real, huh?


Yes, I gave him an entire cake. Haven't done that with any of my other kids--girls, I'll make it up to you.





Happy Birthday Ben! Love you, bud.


3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Those pictures are too fun Laura. He's such a cute boy and I love how you said - he's totally worth it.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I can't believe he is walking!!!!! We are barely crawling at our house! Crazy. He is such a handsome little toddler. :) Happy Birthday Ben.

Molly said...

Ben is adorable!